Friday, July 27, 2007

Blogging for the first time

I am not very good at sharing my personal, private thoughts with others; but LJ's and MJ's blogs are so cool that I thought I'd try this.

Reading their blogs fills my heart, especially since LMG has presented herself to rule. Seeing one's own child bond with his child is a transcendent experience. Although I adore my very first grandchild (who has photos that look exactly like her daddy in his early weeks and exactly like me when I was a little older), my real joy is watching her parents interact with her.

After two different breast cancers I was not certain I would live to see a grandchild. This is surely a blessed experience. I cannot wait until LMJ becomes fully responsive (another week or so, perhaps). I watch Kaya, my grandneice, who at two and three-fourths is very responsive and verbal. She knocks on my bedroom door, lets herself in and says, "Anybody home? It's me. How's it kickin'?' She reminds me a lot of my second child at that age: social, fully self-assured, adventurous (since I crossed 60 I don't really know how to spell anymore).

This process is beginning to exhaust me. I must stop now.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your blog. I'm looking forward to reading it. I'm certainly glad you decided to stick around to see your first grandchild. I'm also glad that you'll be around to help us get her right.

    ReplyDelete